Tie Breakers & Rain Delays
Tiebreakers for the National Championship will be determined by a sudden death playoff. Players will continue the playoff until all qualifying spots are determined. In the event we cannot complete the playoff due to darkness, we will continue the playoff the following day.
In the event that a we have a rain delay and play is suspended, the Committee will get together and determine the plan to ensure we do our best to complete 54-holes of golf.
- If we have to complete the round the following day(s), all players will be notified by the Committee.
- In the event the Championship is shortened due to weather, the Committee will make every effort to finish the event on Wednesday, November 18th. If we cannot complete the event by Wednesday November 18th, the event will be shortened to the number of holes the full division completes.
- For scores to be official, the division MUST complete the same set of 9 holes (i.e. the front 9 or back 9).
Code of Conduct
The Notah Begay III Junior Golf National Championship (JGNC) prides itself in the quality of players, host facilities and community involvement of each of its events. In order to continue making our events enjoyable for everyone, the JGNC will not tolerate any behavior that is unbecoming of a junior golfer. Players in violation of the code of conduct with the JGNC may lose playing privileges as well as being liable to penalty strokes or disqualification.
All JGNC participants are reminded to respect the host facility and their staff/golf course. Players are expected to repair ball marks on the greens and divots where needed. Players are also expected to rake all bunkers and care for the course throughout their tournament experience.
Violations of the Code of Conduct include:
- Unsportsmanlike conduct which includes: abusive language, cheating, club throwing, disrespect to volunteers/staff/officials or fellow competitors, and abuse of golf course property.
- Not adhering to the dress code of the host golf course
- Use or association of drugs or alcohol
- Conduct not becoming of a JGNC player, such as acting in anger or creating other distractions.
Code of Conduct Violation Penalties:
- The JGNC Tournament Committee may assess any or all of the following penalties based on the severity of the violation(s)
- Issue a one stroke penalty for each act of unsportsmanlike conduct on the golf course
- Immediate disqualification from the tournament at which the violation occurs
- Depending on the severity of the violation, a tournament disqualification may also result in disqualification from the next tournament or tournaments for which a player has been accepted.
- The JGNC reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s registration for a major breach of the JGNC Code of Conduct.
Player Scoring Devices
Players will be given scoring devices that you will use for live scoring – you will be required to use this device as well as a paper score card. Your official score will be determined by your signed score card that you submit.
The JGNC will allow caddies for the Boys 13U and Girls 13U Divisions throughout the National Championship. All caddies are required to wear caddie bibs that will be provided by the NB3 JGNC on Day 1 at check-in. Players must declare a caddie prior to the start of their round.
Purpose of caddies: Caddies may carry a player’s clubs, give advice, and other help during the round but there are limits to what the Caddie is allowed to do. The player is responsible for the Caddie’s actions during the round and the player may incur a penalty if he/she breaches the Rules.
- Caddies will be allowed to search for a player’s golf ball.
- Caddies will be allowed to clean a player’s golf ball.
- Caddies will be able to give players advice.
Once the player’s tees off on his or her first hole the player may not gain a Caddie during the round. A Caddie must be designated prior to the first tee shot.
- Players are not allowed to switch caddies during the play of a round.
Caddies ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
- Use carts during the Championship unless they have a disability and have been approved by NB3 Staff
- Deliberately stand on or close to the extended line of play behind a player while the player is taking his or her stance and until the stroke is made.
- Use personal cell phones during the round unless for an emergency
Players will not be able to ride in the motorized cart at any point during the round. If the player is in breach of this rule they will be subject to a 2-stroke penalty for unauthorized transportation.
This policy is in effect as of January 1, 2020. The JGNC has the authority to eliminate or modify this policy at any time.
Breach of Policies and/or rules by Caddies:
1st Offense= Official Warning from a JGNC official
2nd Offense= Caddie will be removed from the golf course
We apologize for any inconvenience, but there will be no Spectator Carts available throughout the Championship unless you are older than 65 and have proper identification and receive approval from NB3 and Coushatta Staff.
With the exception of caddies, all spectators need to stay out of the fairways and off of greens and tees during play. It is ok to gather near tee and greens to watch, but we ask that they stay on the cart paths or rough while walking the course.
Spectators may not interact with participants at any time on the golf course, except in the case of an emergency. Any conversation between a spectator and participant will be subject to penalty under Rule 10.2 (Advice).
- Only exceptions allowing spectators to interact with players during a round include handing them sunscreen, food, beverage, or any health emergency. This should always be done in front of another spectator or tournament official.
Spectators are not allowed to give a player a ride under any circumstances during the player’s round. This includes driving players back for lost balls or from green to tee. The JGNC staff will select shuttle holes prior to the start of the tournament. The only time a spectator can shuttle is at an authorized shuttle hole. Any time a player takes a ride from a spectator that is unauthorized, he/she will incur a 2-stroke penalty. In the event of a course evacuation for inclement weather, spectators can shuttle players to safety.
Spectators will be subject to removal from the golf course for the following breaches of etiquette:
- Repeat offenses of interacting with players after being warned by Tournament Committee
- Rude, vulgar or other inappropriate comments or gestures.
- Verbal or physical harassment of players, volunteers, officials or fellow spectators.
- Distracting a player or causing any disruption of play.
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, unsafe or illegal in nature.
- Failing to follow the instructions of a JGNC Tournament Committee official, volunteer or host personnel.
SOCIAL MEDIA & TV
All players and parents will be asked to sign a release form regarding Social Media and TV. By signing this form and participating in the event, you grant full permission to use photographs, videotapes, motion pictures or any other record of your child’s participation in the Tournament, including, but not limited to your child’s name, likeness, and voice for any legitimate purpose.