COVID-19 NB3 JGNC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
As we prepare for the 2020 Notah Begay III Jr Golf National Championship, we will continue to have strict guidelines in place regarding COVID to ensure a safe and fun environment for all involved. We have worked in conjunction with the Coushatta Resort to make sure everyone will be safe and comfortable during their time at the Championship.
All players upon arrival at the check-in table will be signing a COVID-19 waiver form that explains the risks associated with playing in the Championship and that all players and parents accept the risk associated with competing.
For players and parents attending the Monday Dinner, we will be doing temperature checks at check-in for the dinner and practicing social distancing throughout the evening. If you have any special requests for the Monday Dinner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our staff will contact you to assist you.
- Per Coushatta’s policy as well as the policies below, players and parents must wear a mask while on property, when in large gatherings, and when inside any facility on property.
- Social distancing should always be practiced and players, parents and staff should stay six feet from others.
- Any player or spectators that show signs of a fever, cough or other symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- All NB3 JGNC Staff will check temperatures before reporting to work each day.
- All NB3 JGNC staff will wear masks at all times when interacting with players and spectators.
- It is encouraged that players and spectators wear masks when engaging with NB3 JGNC staff or each other.
- NB3 JGNC Staff will disinfect any item that may come in contact with a player i.e. pencils/pens or registration gifts.
- Any player, spectator or staff member who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days will not be allowed at the Championship
- No shaking hands or contact of any kid (fist bumps/high fives/hugs)
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently and before/after each round
- Please familiarize yourself and follow best practices as published by the CDC, WHO and state/local guidelines.
- Spectators must stay 6ft away from players at all times
- No spectators will be allowed on the driving range or putting green.
- Spectators are restricted from designated Starting and Scoring Areas.
- All Spectators must remain on cart path at all times.
- Any crowding of spectators and violations of social distancing protocols may result in course or NB3 JGNC officials asking spectators to return to their vehicles, or hotel rooms.
- Spectator carts will not be available throughout the Championship.
- Spectators are permitted to carry items for their player/child (food, drink, umbrella, etc) so long as it is given to them quickly so they can return to social distancing.
- Spectators are strongly encouraged to forecaddie for their group to eliminate congregating near the green or tees.
- Spectators ARE allowed to look for balls for players, but must return to the cart path once players arrive to the area and spectators may communicate an entry point or approximate location to the player, as long as social distancing is maintained.
- If you have a specific health condition or are at a vulnerable age (50+), the NB3 JGNC asks that these individuals stay at home and not attend the event.
- Any spectator who purposely hides or discloses symptoms or diagnosis will be banned from the NB3 JGNC Series.
- Any spectator who continues to violate the above policies and social distancing guidelines set forth by the NB3 JGNC Committee may be asked to leave the property.
- No spectators will be allowed on the driving range or putting green.
PRE-ROUND EXPECTATIONS AND PREPARATIONS
- NB3 Staff will be administering temperature checks at the check-in table and if any player has a temperature above 100.3, they will be asked to return to their cars for 15 minutes and will be re-checked before being allowed on the practice facilities.
- In the event the temperature does not drop below 100.3, the player will be asked to leave the tournament.
- NB3 JGNC must follow the golf courses’ guidelines regarding the practice time and use of facilities. Players must adhere to guidelines that the NB3 JGNC will send out to ensure we maintain a safe environment for all involved.
- NB3 Staff will ensure the range stations are 6ft apart and social distancing is happening throughout all practice areas.
- Players should make every effort to arrive no earlier than 60 minutes before their scheduled tee time. If they arrive earlier, players are asked to wait in their car to give other players the chance to warm up.
- All players must check-in before using the practice facilities. Social distancing will be enforced by NB3 JGNC staff and all staff will have masks on and sanitizer available in case players would like to use it.
- Players will be given opportunities to use hand sanitizer on the first tee and will be given gloves to use if they would like.
- Rakes and flagsticks will be ON the golf course and players are instructed to use their towels, glove or gloves that NB3 Staff hands out to use when touching these items.
- Players will receive playing partner’s scorecard directly from NB3 JGNC staff and will not switch with other players or shake hands.
- Player’s will also use a scoring device that will aid in live scoring and will not need to switch these either.
- NB3 Staff will sanitize each phone before and after each round.
- Hole locations, Notice to Competitors and Temporary Policy and Rules Changes Due to COVID-19 will be sent to each player the day before the tournament begins. This will also be posted on the Tournament Information page and will also be handed out on the first tees if players would like to take paper copies.
- Players can take pictures with their cell phone on the first tee if they would like.
- Players can only use their cell phone for referencing the above items OR to call a rule official.
- Players must not shake hands or hug competitors.
PLAYER EXPECTATIONS DURING THE ROUND
- Once players are on the golf course, they must practice social distancing at all times.
- Players are not allowed to share any items with one another
- Players must bring their own pencil/marker to use during the round
- The NB3 JGNC will not provide any shuttles or transport any players in a golf cart during the round. The only time players will be allowed in a golf cart with another person is during an evacuation for a dangerous weather situation.
- During a weather evacuation, we will ask that all parents/spectators go directly to their cars while the players head inside the club house and veranda (if available). All players will practice social distancing inside and will be able to hear weather updates from NB3 JGNC Committee as they become available.
- If players want to go inside the club house and veranda (if available), please keep your phone handy for announcements regarding weather updates.
- Players are recommended to use gloves when handling any rakes on the golf course (gloves provided at registration and starting tees).
- If a player needs a ruling, a phone number will be provided at each event to call an NB3 JGNC Rules Official who will be able to walk you through the ruling or assist the player while social distancing.
- Players will not shake hands at the completion of the round.
- Any player who continues to violate the social distancing guidelines set by NB3 JGNC may be disqualified from the Championship.
- Any player who purposely hides or discloses symptoms or diagnosis will be banned from NB3 JGNC series.
- Once the round is complete, players must walk straight to the scoring area designated by the NB3 JGNC staff. They are not to stop to converse with spectators or go to their car for any reason before entering the scoring area.
- NB3 JGNC staff members will be instructing players where to stand while they report their scores to the committee.
- The scoring area will have individual tables that are properly spaced so players are not within six feet of each other. A staff person will help direct players where to stand.
- Each player will read aloud their scores they recorded for their playing partner. Every player will do this until all scores have been confirmed by each player. Scorecards will have two lines for signatures in which the same player will sign twice to assure scores are accurate.
- A player’s scorecard is considered returned and final after all players in the group have verbally agreed to the hole-by-hole scores while at the scoring table with the NB3 JGNC Staff Member. Once the players leave the scoring area, no additional changes can be made.
- Ties for 1st place will be determined with a sudden death, on-course playoff.
- Caddies are only permitted for the Boys 13 & Under and Girls 13 & Under Divisions.
- Caddies should continue to practice social distancing with other players and caddies throughout the Championship
The NB3 JGNC Staff will continue to monitor the above policies and adjust as needed if restrictions and procedures are lifted.